26 March 2012

Very Important PSA

Regarding the recent nagging questions about whether or not I am joining this blogging A-Z Challenge thing.

Well, here is my final answer.

I will be joining.

And yet, I will not.

Thing is, I learned the hard way that posting something every day - without some serious advance planning, which wasn't possible in this case - is not the way for me to go. I'd put something up that I wrote in ten minutes, read through the whole thing eight times, and then either heavily edit it or delete the whole thing depending on how many people had already seen it. On this blog, I've been scheduling posts days in advance, and so I have time to go in and fine-tune them and try my best to think of interesting topics to post over a period of time instead of just bombarding y'all with four good posts in one day and then putting up ten crappy fillers the following week.

So, to elaborate? I won't be officially joining (full reasons for why will show up in one of the posts; I'm starting out with some tentative topic planning already) or following the Real Rules. So instead of just doing No Post On Sundays, I will follow the schedule I designed for myself (before I started putting up little PSAs like this, oops) and give you a post every other day. The challenge will stand, though - I will do my best to put up a post whose theme is centered around each subsequent letter of the alphabet.

The things I do for quality.

Okay, see you guys around. /goes off to think of post titles

it shall begin

10 comments:

  1. I basically write my posts in less than 10 minutes, never check them, and don't really care. AND I JUST ROLLED WITH THAT FOR THE PAST 1.2 YEARS.

    Also OKAY CAN'T WAIT to see what you're coming up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, for one you have the advantage of having a flourishing social life; I kind of opted out of that one. AND you don't overly concern yourself with politics or gender issues oh no trying so hard to come up with things that are light hearted and fun and not exasperating or so fuckin hard to discuss over the internet abubu
      But other than that yes your post inventing capabilities are awesome. And thank you, though I've only come up with about half so far.
      Where the shit have you been for the past few days anyway. ):

      Delete
    2. Yeah I haven't been on messenger for ages what the shits. ):

      Also you read tons of books so I'm sure you can pull some *~INSPIRATIONU~* from there.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good! Whatever works for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! :D I aim to please. Kinda.
      *keeps on rollin'*

      Delete
  3. It's awesome that you'll be participating too. And cool, who cares, I think it's better you do it in a way you're comfortable with than follow the Real Rules and be unhappy with your posts. :').

    ReplyDelete
  4. I basically do the same as Fang, but I'm also with you that it's because he has a social life. I don't have one, so I have periods of "What the H-e-double-hockey-sticks am I going to write?"

    ReplyDelete